Protected by Copyscape Plagiarism Checker

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Homecoming treats

I come from a family who is quite liberal when it comes to religion. So holy week is never really holy in our household. But what we really look forward to during these times are our mini-reunions. Since my sister and I both had our own families and have been living away from home for quite sometime now, holy week vacations have become a much bigger treat for my parents and siblings. Of course, more than the idea of having the big sisters around it is the kids who really make these vacations extra special.

We are not big on home parties but we always try to find something special to do. Last year we checked in to a newly opened resort in Guimaras and toured the kids around the island to sea starfishes and sea anemones and various corals. They had a blast! This year though we did not have the luxury of time to go somewhere else other than Antique so we settled for a nice, quiet swim at a nearby beach. Kids still loved it!

I'm sharing some photos from our recent trip home. I can't wait for next year. I hope we'll have more time to bond by then!



(Yay! I'm just learning to navigate picasa and am really starting to love it! It's a very helpful tool for people like me who will never learn any photoediting software) Collage sidebar (counterclockwise from the top: my dad teaching Maia how to ride the tire swing while my nephew Gogol makes his crazy pose, kids enjoying an al fresco brekky with my centenarian grandma - 101 and counting!, Maia shopping for her own clay made cooking set, Huwadhuwad and Ibus from the Friday market, Maia and me by the sunset, Beautiful sunset at one of the nearby beaches, Maia's flower bouquet (yes she did the bouquet all by herself), Welcome to Antique sign!

2 comments:

got to believe said...

hi faye! first time i dropped by your blog. reading your your older posts now. try downloading photoscape. it makes editing photos so much easier. ang galing ng effects! =)
www.photoscape.com

pyxxie0703 said...

Hi Les!

Thanks for the tip. Will try that one too! Kainis nga I've been cross posting my entries from multiply and they didn't come out well in blogger. :( Efforts wasted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...