Protected by Copyscape Plagiarism Checker

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Open House At Elizabeth Seton School (South Campus)

The next school in our list is the Elizabeth Seton School in Anabu, Dasmarinas, Cavite. My co-workers kids have been going here before they migrated to the US and she highly recommended this school to me. From her stories, I can very well see how disciplined her kids are with school work and how they enjoyed school time. That is important to me so I made the visit to this school one of my top priorities during school hunting.

I called last November to check on the assessment exam schedules and get a list of the requirements and I was lucky to have spoken to the Open House organizer herself, Ms Cheris. She advised that I come to the open house first before we make a decision so I enlisted myself and the hubby. Come January, Ms Cheris texted me to confirm the date of the Open House. And this morning, we trooped over to the South Campus with the Gools to know more about the school.

It was a helpful and informative Open House. Apart from the overcrowding during the campus tour (overeager parents that includes me plus a defective microphone for the tour guide rendered that part rather disorganized), it was something that we think is necessary for every first time parent. Here's how the Open House program went:


Parts I-VI didn't really take long. If I remember correctly, I think it was less than an hour. And to think the program didn't start exactly at 9am and we were out of the auditorium by 1030am for the tour. Snacks were already made available before the program started. Most parents brought along the kids with them and contrary to what I expected, it didn't turn out to be a  hassle at all because at the end of it all while we were waiting for the our exam permits (which took the longest time by the way) the kids all had fun playing with each other. They were dancing, singing, laughing which was really fun to watch.

I will be posting the pictures of the Preschool Area Tour separately. But in case you're considering the idea of attending an open house with this school I'm posting here a photo of the flyer that we got from last Saturday's open house. 


Here's a list of the open house schedules:

Feb 11 - South Campus Only
Feb 18 - Main Campus Only
Mar 17, Apr 14 and 28, May 19 - Both campuses

The open house starts at 9am and is expected to finish by 12nn. They gave us 50% discount off the testing fee since we decided to submit application requirements right after the open house. For preschool application, we brought with us the following:

- a photocopy (and original for verification purposes) of Maia's NSO Certified Birth Certificate
- a photocopy (and original for verification purposes) of Maia's Baptismal Certificate
- 3 pcs 1x1 ID Picture

We are scheduled to take Maia's assessment for Kinder 1 on Mar 3. We are waiting for the results of that assessment exam before we finally decide which preschool to choose.

Here are the contact information for both ESS Campuses:

Main Campus
BF Resort Village, Las Pinas City
Tel Nos 02 875 45 53 to  59 loc 113

South Campus
Anabu II-D Imus Cavite
Tel Nos 046 471 0080 loc 112

website: www.ess.edu.ph

Up Next: a photoblog of the preschool area tour

5 comments:

shyne santos said...

Hello faye, im torn between seton lpc and san beda alabang.. buti na lang next year pa ko maghahanap for red. kwentuhan mo kami how it goes with seton if ever yun ang mapili nyo for maia :)

pyxxie0703 said...

hey shyne! oo for sure magfe-feedback ako if eto ang magiging choice namin. si erlaine pala graduate ng san beda alabang :)

Glamma Momma said...

Shyne, nung time ko sa Bene, I can say na maganda ang turo and marami sa amin nakapasa sa DLSU, UP, Ateneo and UST. I'm not sure lang ngayon. Hopefully better kasi "San Beda-Alabang" na talaga ang tawag sa school.

YraG.Gueta said...

Hi! So, how's Elizabeth Seton? Did you send your kid/s there? I am into school searching for my 2 years and 4 months old daughter. Someone recommends Elizabeth Seton, is this school indeed good both in academics and character building? A bit near to us though because we live in Lessandra, Bucandala. Thanks!

YraG.Gueta said...

Thank you for taking time to respond to my query. I found it quite useful that you allow part of your time to chronicle Maia's journey. Btw, how old was she when she started attending her regular class at ESS? I might send my daughter to Southdale Int. School since our visit to ESS was not successful, my daughter is a month younger to ESS's age requirement for playschool kasi... Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...