Monday, February 23, 2009

Planning for Maia's Christening

I declare today my dislike for events planning.

But then again, even if my stress level goes up. There's no one else who's gotta do the planning but me. So I'm dealing with this whether I like it or not.

Last weekend, we finally decided to change venues for Maia's baptism from St Jerome at ATC to the Shrine of Jesus in MoA. So on Saturday we headed to MoA to look for THE Resto and book the Church. We started with the Resto first because we thought its the harder part between the two. We (actually it's just I) already had several restos in mind so it was not really difficult. The tough part was just the walking because the restaurants are scattered all over the mall and MoA is already huge in my mall vocabulary (as I am not really fond of malls).

So finally at around 4pm we're done with the resto oculars. We've now decided which one we like. We headed to SOJ to book the date. But guess what, ALL SUNDAY'S OF MARCH are fully booked! There's an opening for an 1130 service on Saturday but then we have to get our own priest.

This is where stress starts.

It's really difficult if both parents are not natives of Manila. In Maia's case, one is from Pampanga, the other is from the far, far but pretty land called Antique. You won't know where to start looking and searching for the priest. Since both of us are also not the religious types (well, we try not to miss Sunday Mass as always) but we were never close with any religious figure. So are our families. I searched my brain for the possible rescuer and could only think of a handful. Starting texting people...but then my stress level has already reached its optimum stage. And pessimism is on a winning streak again. I don't think my plan is going to work. Frustrating.

To date, I am still waiting for friends and family to finally tell me that a priest is available. But then again, the time and date that we wanted on that Saturday was already taken as well. Hay. So much for planning ahead. One month was never enough it turns out.

We might end up scheduling Maia's baptism after our April Vacation after all. I guess, we just have to let go of the idea of a March baptism for now.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...