Protected by Copyscape Plagiarism Checker

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

"Have Free Hands...Will Pull...

...my hair" - This is my daughter's latest obsession.

The mommy was in panic mode again yesterday. Just when you think the only terrible tricks infants can do are to cry their hearts out anytime they feel like it and enslave you to death, another one surfaces. I thought I was going to die of heart attack yesterday.



Me and the baby were alone yesterday afternoon as our helper left to visit some relatives. I was pretty sure I was in control of the situation so I let her go. I was leaning on the fact that I have been a hands on mom for 7 weeks now, I am very confident I know how to handle SNAFU's with grace already. What else could happen for the next few hours that I am not familiar with yet?

But then again, (I should always remember this one) as my wise Tita Ninang would say -- "do not underestimate these babies" Tsk tsk...

Around 4pm, I put her down to take a leak. Before doing so, I made sure she was secured and has no way of falling down our bed. I made sure of that because she was in a playful mood and by playful I mean - super likot mode.

But then just as I entered the bathroom, she gave out a terrible, frantic cry. At this point, I am confident I could readily interpret what each of her cry means. And this one I only heard once before. That was the time when I nipped off a part of the skin on her thumbnail when we  were clipping her nails the first time. Like that one, this was also a real cry of pain. And that instance I felt my heart go up to my head. I ran back to our room to check. My heart was raising fast by then. But guess why my baby was yelling in pain...she caught a handful of her hair and started pulling really hard. I heaved a sigh of relief seeing that. I almost felt like laughing only that I cannot muster one hearing her cry like that. So I went to pry off the hands. But even that was difficult since she has super strength when she's crying. Haaay...this is what one gets for having a 7-week old baby that had so much hair on her.

I chided myself after that. See, I felt like it was my fault. A week ago we finally freed her hands from the restricting 'muffins' (term her Daddy uses to refer to the mittens). We felt she's ready since we've already trimmed her nails. And indeed she was. Once freed, she liked feeling Mommy's face. She liked putting her fist into her mouth and trying desperate hard to fit all of it in. She would laugh while doing all these. It did not cross my mind that one thing she might have fun doing too was to pull her hair.

Well, that was another lesson learned for me. I'm just thankful nothing as bad as I had imagined happened. But then again, just to be sure, should I cut off her hair already? Hmmmmm....   


4 comments:

eM ROxAs said...

hahahahaha!!! hahahaha!!! obviously, 1st time mom ka nga.. (as if ako hindi..hehehe!) Good thing Keesha doesn't have much hair, though she looks like a baby boy. In fact, I always hear people saying "Ang gwapo ng baby!". hehehe! Kisses to Maia. Muah!

mae punsalan said...

sis!!! LOL.. can't help but laugh at how babies can make us go REALLY CUH-RAAZZYYY with their not so simple antics! hayy! at least she did not pull her hair out of her scalp! i know what to do when its my turn! never remove her mittens for a while! hehe.. muah!

Faye Pachoco-Paras said...

hay naku..sinabi mo pa...un masama pa nyan is pag ganun nlng kaba mo and biglang tatawa sya sa yo. parang naisahan ka. haha. the joke's on you. haaay.

Faye Pachoco-Paras said...

hehe laki na ni Keesha di pa rin kmi nagkikita :( di bale kht mapagkamalang boy gwapo naman. :D

iniisip ko pagupit na buhok ni Maia kso daming magagalit...esp ung mga lola. hehe.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...