Protected by Copyscape Plagiarism Checker

Sunday, September 8, 2013

Weekend Love: Litte N@Wies Tea Party At Stacy's Capitol Hills

I was fortunately to be online when the idea of dressing up our little girls as princesses and bringing them together in a tea party was brought up in a private Facebook group that I belong to. I immediately expressed my interest to join knowing that if I ask the little miss herself she wouldn't think twice of saying YES! to the invitation right that minute anyways. Especially since she's so into everything princess-y these days.

The response to that invite was overwhelming and within a few hours, it was closed because the original plan was to really arrange a small, intimate formal party for the little girls and the organizers wanted to keep attendance to about 30 kids max. It took weeks for the organizers to iron out everything, even find a dainty place that could fit that much number of kids and their parents (so about 60-ish all in all). Several cupcake shops were considered and eventually the choice was zeroed in on Stacy's. It had a branch in BGC but it was smaller and it didn't have the space for the adults to hang out in while the kids are partying so the bigger branch in Capitol Hills became the obvious choice.

Quezon City is FAR from where we live but that didn't stop us from pushing through. I know that commuting was going to be a challenge but I normally don't let myself get intimidated by that. So come Saturday, I donned my supermommy cape and readied myself for the challenge ahead. It was just me and the kid so I really had to toughen up. I briefed the kid too that it wasn't going to be an easy commute this time so she needs to be very cooperative with me. We left home around 1:30pm and arrived at Stacy's around 3:30pm. Not bad at all. And the party was just starting then.


I immediately took the kid to the nearest restroom so we can change into her 'princess' attire (which is a borrowed flower girl gown from her second cousin). We came back to Stacy's and found an empty seat for her. It only took her a few minutes to warm up with the other kids (considering it was her first time to meet any them).


I'll let the pictures talk from hereon. This was one of the toughest dates we took together (I won't go into the details of our commuting adventure) but it was one of the most memorable. I was particularly surprised with how she bonded with the other kids. She has come far from that timid little miss that she was a year ago. While she was waiting for the storytelling session to start, I told her I'm going to hang outside with the other moms because we're not allowed to stay inside the restaurant and she didn't hesitate a bit. "Yes Mommy, I'll just call you if I need anything"


So proud of you, Maia. So very, very proud.

And you were very pretty yesterday. Looking at you now makes me even more excited for the years to come.

Oh to be a kid!
Thanks to the organizers of this awesome playdate! Sa uulitin!
----------------------------------------------
Stacy's
Capitol Greenstreet, Capitol Hills, QC
Rizal Drive Bonifacio Global City
Phone +639526843 (Capitol) 09266752571 (BGC)
Email stacyshomecafe@gmail.com
Operating hours:
Mon - Thu: 09:00 - 21:00
Fri - Sat: 07:00 - 22:00
Sun: 07:00 - 21:00
Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/stacys.resto

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The place is so nice. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...