Protected by Copyscape Plagiarism Checker

Saturday, May 24, 2014

Milestone: First Time To Vacation On Her Own



Our dearest Maia,

I hope you take time to read this letter every day while you are vacationing there. We miss you already but we hope you are having a great time out there.

LISTEN, OBEY, RESPECT. Please remember always, okay?

Eat your veggies. Drink lots of water.

Say please and thank you, all of the time.

Don’t talk to strangers. Stay with lola and your cousins all of the time. Please do not leave the house unless you are with Lola.

Put baby salve on your allergies.  

Play outdoors! Don’t spend too much time on TV, phone and computer.

Answer mommy’s calls. Keep your phone near you every time.

Say your nighttime prayers.

See you on Saturday!!! I hope you grow taller and bigger by then!

Love you very, very much!


Daddy and Mommy

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Our little miss is spending a week with her Lola and cousins. Our Ate Inday is away on vacation for a week and the best option we have right now is to have the kid spend the week away from us. Luckily, she got really excited when we told her about it. 

I wasn't though. 

And most parents could probably relate. But at some point, I know we'll be experiencing this every summer. It's just starting a little bit sooner that we'd expected. 

My nephew recently spent almost a month with us and his Nanay (my sister)sent him a couple of letters while he was here.I really thought they were sweet and very thoughtful gestures so I wrote Maia one too (albeit an advanced letter hahaha, talk about atat) and printed it out tonight. I secretly inserted it in one of the notebooks I packed for her to doodle in. I asked her if she can write a note for me on that notebook every day to let me know what she did every day. 

She hasn't left yet and I miss her already. Sigh.

2 comments:

Anna said...

My sons' yaya is away on her annual summer vacation leave, too, Faye. 2 weeks! Was tempted to pack the kids off to their grandmother's house (my MIL), sleep over and such, but di namin kaya ni Pao (especially Alo being so tiny). Uwian talaga sila, kahit mas gastos sa gas! But I know at one point it will come to this too, for my kids, like Maia, spending a week or two with lolo and lola. And like you, am dreading it already!!

pyxxie0703 said...

Awww kapagod ng routine nyo ngayon, but if my in-laws were just 2 hours away, I would probably endure the travel just to pick Maia up and bring her home with me every night. Kaso ang layo lang. Sigh. 2 more nights and I'll see her.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...