Protected by Copyscape Plagiarism Checker

Thursday, September 18, 2008

Heading for the home stretch....

Today marks the completion of 8 long months of my body manufacturing its own version of tiny bones, organs, and muscles. Sometimes, the hubby and I can’t help but stare in awe at my very swollen belly. All the fears we have when we were just 3 to 4 months along seemed to have just melted away. Haha. At long last, just one more month of uncontainable excitement and we will finally see the tiny version of our genes combined. 

After confirming my pregnancy, I have been rigorously educating myself on how to keep myself healthy all through out my 40-week journey to motherhood. As my pregnancy progresses, so does the readings. Sometimes, the hubby would comment that this seemed to have become an obsession for me especially since I would always share with him whatever knowledge I have acquired during the day. There were days when what I read would really fascinate me. And then there were days when they would stir up the neurotic in me. But regardless of the mood that they were able to set me on a particular day, I always felt those things I learned were really fun, helpful and useful facts of/on life.

My greatest realization though is that through out this whole experience…I have become more patient, more cautious, and a lot more cheerful. This pregnancy has sort of led me to finding the better version of me. I guess, I might not be really consciously aware of this before but I think it is now the right time for me to affirm that this is one experience where I found the real purpose of my existence. J

5 comments:

mae punsalan said...

i am on that road as well sis! hehehe.. the terrible first trime HG is like years away and I am just enjoying my second trime! hehe.. pregnancy does prepare us for motherhood. Ako din, mas naging pasensyoso though nagiging neurotic din pag minsan and paranoid. haha! can't wait to see maia! :)

Regine Dolar-Tarrosa said...

so true, so true. that's what happened to me, too. it's the last homestretch, faye. can't wait to meet your lil boo!:)

raizza videña said...

Chuva...awwwwwwww...I'm so happy for you :D

Cecile Adrias said...

homaigash. pachoco. ang tiyan mo. shooper! 23 days to go! kemonnn!

Faye Pachoco-Paras said...

hahaha...ginhambal mpa. dw mga 10lb nga watermelon gintulon ko Til. guro kay sa kagamayon kpa dw bola gid sya ya!

ya...23 days to go! tani before makalab ot 23 days mabun a ko na. hahhaa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...