Protected by Copyscape Plagiarism Checker

Thursday, April 30, 2009

Rainy days on summer

It’s been raining like crazy for almost two weeks now. When I woke up this morning, I almost forgot that it’s still summer. Maia was a little cold and had stuffy nose I starting blaming the rain. But then it occurred to me that this is still better than the humid summer air that we had a few weeks back.

When I was still in school, the onset of rain makes me feel poignant. I’d stare gloomily at my bedroom window and watch raindrops splash feeling devoid at the same time. Summer was something I used to look forward back then because it gives me an excuse to rest my mind and stay on idle mode for weeks. Rain ruins all that and I guess its reality sinking in - that vacation is over and that school season would be back very soon.

Now that I’m older though, rain invokes a totally different emotion. It is something that I and my husband now welcome. Apart from the bed weather feel (::wink::), it gives us an excuse to stay indoors and enjoy day-long DVD marathons of missed movies or episodes of our favorite TV shows. Or sometimes we would squeeze in a game or two our favorite board game. And if I am in the mood to cook, that day would define our idea of the ultimate bonding experience already.

The only thing that keeps me from completely enjoying the arrival of rain on Mid-summer is the issue of weather pattern change. The whole concept scares me. I’m afraid to find out if there’s indeed a deeper reason behind the relentless rains we've been experiencing lately. I hope this is just something temporary. I would like to still share many summers and rainy seasons with Maia...at the same month of the year that I used to experience them when I was still young.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...