Protected by Copyscape Plagiarism Checker

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Are We Ready For School?

In two weeks (even less I suppose but I don't want to count the days yet), we will be officially starting school. Last weekend, we already bought the supplies on the list that Maia's school provided us. The minute I got hold of the list, I immediately wanted to cross all of them out. I didn't want to cram this time (but I know I still will no matter how hard I try not to because cramming runs thru my veins hahaha).

One reason that I wanted to get this list done and over with is because a recent exchange with other preschooler mommies (southern n@wies, actually) made me realize I am not even halfway done with shopping for Maia's school needs. The school supplies as it turns out is just one part of it. That realization actually sort of turned my panic button ON but since I don't have room for panic these days, I forcefully calmed myself down and started putting together my BACK TO SCHOOL LIST.

I also found this printable list online and it's something to start with. It divided the list into two: SUPPLIES and CLOTHING. For the supplies, I guess I'm pretty much done with ours. ESS listed the following:
  • Folder
  • Notebooks
  • Manila paper
  • Oslo paper
  • Typewriting paper
  • Bath Soap
  • Toilet paper
  • Cartolina
  • Apron
  • Poster paint
  • Construction paper
  • Glue
  • Expandable envelope
  • Sequins
  • Colored glitters
  • Eraser
  • Pencil
  • Crayons
  • Hand sanitizer
I just added in a few more that I think we also need at home once school starts:
  • stapler
  • scissors
  • ample supply of tape
  • plastic to cover books (National bookstore has the pre-cut ones, they're more convenient)
  • ruler
  • paper clips
  • fasteners


CLOTHING:
  • uniforms
  • socks
  • leather school shoes
  • rubber shoes
  • jacket
  • rain-gear = raincoat + rain-boots
ACCESSORIES:
  • hairbrush
  • ponytails and clippies
  • hankies/face towels
  • umbrella
  • lunchbag
  • small bag
  • water bottles
  • plastic containers for baon
Handing all of these over to Maia's teacher during the first day of school.
I also need to do another important list but that one I'm doing last because it's going to drain me down to the core and that list would be THE BAON LIST. So much list, so little time.

Do you have tips to share to first time preschooler mommies like me? Any list of your own that you would like to share? I'd really appreciate it if you would!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...