Protected by Copyscape Plagiarism Checker

Sunday, December 9, 2012

Arts-N-Crafts: Paper Wreath

We had fun tearing up the paper into tiny pieces. :)
I stumbled upon this art project in Pinterest (don't you just love this site) a few weeks ago. I've been meaning to do it for our weekend bonding time but I only found time this weekend. It was the perfect tantrum tamer after the kid woke up from her afternoon nap. I think holiday colors are perfect cheer givers. When the kid saw the red and green paper, she immediately went down on the floor and told me she's ready to do our project.

I miss our arts and crafts sessions. Last year, we did a lot of projects during the weekends. But this year has been insanely busy, for the three of us - me most especially - we're lucky if we can really squeeze in one project in a month. I know the kid misses those too but she contents herself with getting me to color a page of a coloring book with her. Some days I would bargain to just share 1 page with her as I'm already hurrying to go to a meeting. Sigh.What did I get myself into?

So anyways, back to our paper wreath it struck me the minute I set my eyes on it because I had all the materials on hand. It needs the following:

  • 1 paper plate
  • red and green paper (I used a mix of art paper, japanese paper/tissue paper, and construction paper)
  • glitter glue (I had gold on hand)
  • white glue

tools:

  • cutter/scissors

Procedure:

  • Make a hole on the center of the paper plate. I followed the dent on the plate and left the side where the corrugated design is.
  • Tear the green paper into tiny pieces (to whatever size you desire). 
  • Spread glue around the wreath base (i.e. paper plate donut) and start sticking your torn pieces of green paper. Layer them till you get your desired thickness (we did 3 layers, i think)
  • Take about 4 inches wide x 8 inches long red japanese/tissue paper and make a crease in the center (by pinching) to make a ribbon. Attach a 2 x 4 inch at the back of the ribbon for the ribbon tail.
  • Dot with glitter glue. And set aside to dry.
  • Punch a hole on your wreath and attach a string so you can hang your wreath. 
  • Hang in your fave spot and Enjoy!!!!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...