Protected by Copyscape Plagiarism Checker

Thursday, April 11, 2013

Thoughts Of A Tired Working Momma


My heart aches a bit. Not being able to personally take you to summer class makes me feel like a worthless mom. This is one of the few things that you always look forward to during the year. And I'm not there to take you.

Every night I ask you if you feel Mommy's love. You always tell me YES. I hope despite my shortcomings, you will always feel that way.

I am happy that you always feel secured by our love. Yes, you are very vocal about wanting to have a car to take you to Jollibee anytime you feel like chomping on a Chicken Joy. But other than that, you are a relatively easy kid to please.
My bread baker's masterpiece. "Masarap yan Mommy!"
Yesterday, you were so proud to bring home a piece of the bread bun that you helped to bake. You told Ate Inday to just pinch the edge to taste it since you wanted to leave most of it for mom and dad. My heart swells. Daddy's heart swelled even larger than mine, I'm sure.

Last night, you told me you are going to make cupcakes today. I can't wait to see what you brought home for us. You are the sweetest, Maia. Sometimes, I feel so unworthy of that. But in times like these when I leave the office dog-tired, the thought of you alone is enough to wipe my exhaustion away.

I am soooo lucky to have you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwwww! I feel guilty about this post. Hay. Thr dilemma of working moms. Kung madali lang ang buhay hindi na sana tayo kayod marino. :(

pyxxie0703 said...

awww Sha don't be! we are all doing the best we can. Ako nga lang I tend to be hard on myself kaya I get this feeling every time I am absent in a milestone or important event.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...