Protected by Copyscape Plagiarism Checker

Monday, April 15, 2013

Three Days Of Summer At St Michael Playhouse a.k.a. Baking and Cooking Class

Last week, the little girl had to wake up a little earlier than usual to make it in time to her Baking and Cooking class in St. Michael Playhouse in Makati. I found it super cute when I would wake her up and she'd respond: "ANG HIRAPPPPPPPPPPP! DI KO MABUKSAN EYES KO! DI AKO MAKAGISING!" She's just very excited to spend time in SMP we didn't have to force her out of the bed. She was making the effort to wake up on her own (albeit, yes, eyes that are very uncooperative hahahaha). I seriously hope that when the time comes that she had to be in school by 7am the wake up scene in our household would remain as cute as this. 

So how did the 3-day class go? Oh they were very productive, super fun days based on her stories. She was never this open with sharing stories of how her days went but those 3 days were different. She was just too eager and excited to tell us what they made in class, who her new friends were. 

For documentation's sake, I will try to narrate the events that took place from Day 1 to 3, as told to me by the little miss. I hope my memory won't fail me. 

Day 1: Bread making

Little Miss, Ate Inday and the Daddy left the house before 7a.m. so the Daddy can bring the little miss himself to Rockwell. You can just imagine how excited she was knowing she's leaving the house ahead of me. She's also imagining that she's coming to work with her daddy. Funny kid, ain't she? Wanting to become an office girl at a young age while her wonderful parents are wishing to be at the exact same place where she is now. 

So they arrived earlier than call time which is 8:45am. Her dad still was able to steal some time to get her photo by the door but since he had to rush to work, he was not able to meet the nurturers anymore. By 845am, the door opened to welcome them. And they went on with their day. When we got home that night, we had this small bun waiting for us. It was good. Tasted healthy. Haha. 


Day 2: Cooking

The next day, the daddy couldn't take them anymore so it was just her and Ate Inday who travelled to Makati. No complaints despite the long ride (of almost an hour and a half). And before she left, she announced they were going to bake cupcakes that day. So that got my sweet self really excited. I had thoughts of cupcakes (I swear I could even smell it in my head) and slowly baking in the oven all day.

But (to my disappointment), she came home with cupcakes of a different kind. "They're still cupcakes mommy! Rice cupcakes!" Silly girl!


Day 3: Pastry baking

During the last day, I was able to escape work (albeit for just a few hours) to personally take her to school. I was told by Tita Marcy (one of the nurturers) that the little miss was such a hardworker. She takes her tasks to heart and is very industrious. Yay for that little girl. Keep it up!

She also got her wish granted during the last day as the main agenda for that day was to bake cookies and cupcakes. She told us later that she had fun kneading the dough and cutting up the cookies into different shapes. And she went home with these:


I wish I was personally there to witness everything she did step-by-step. But of course that wasn't really possible. I'm just glad she's finally sharing school stories to us openly (unlike before when she it would take us a lot of prodding before she'd share bits of this and that). This time she had detailed stories for us. This time of the year is really a special time for her. I can tell she really loves being in SMP. I wish it's near so we can enroll in more summer activities. Right now, one class is what we can handle because we really do not want to tire her up since summer is also intended for her to rest.

Hopefully next year little girl. We can enroll in two classes. We'll see.

The last time I heard from SMP, they still have a few slots open for their Woodworking class and Arts and Crafts class. If you're interested, go ahead contact them.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...