I couldn't remember where I first saw this project but this has been in my to-do list for sometime now. Yesterday, I finally made the time to do it with Maia. It didn't turn out to be like the picture below but it was good enough for Maia to play with so it didn't really lose it's real purpose :)
The Project Was Supposed To Look like This
Materials We Used:
- paper tube
- egg tray carton
- poster paint
- paint brush
|Kalat starts ... NOW!|
How We Did It:
1. Cut the egg tray carton in half (keep the other half for future projects)
2. Assemble your painting materials (I usually dilute the poster paints so I keep clean water on hand)
3. Turn egg tray upside down (bottom facing up) and paint that part with your desired colors. Set aside to dry when the tray is fully coated with paint. Do the same for the paper tube.
4. Ask an adult to cut two half an inch circles from your spare paper tubes. Form into smaller circles about 1.5 inches in diameter
5. Stick the wheels under the two opposite sides of hollowed part of the egg tray carton.
6. Using quick drying glue, stick the painted paper tube unto the egg tray carton.
7. Stick some cotton on top of the paper tube to represent a smoke stack.