Protected by Copyscape Plagiarism Checker

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Working Mom Musings (Out Loud)

After almost 4 years of being a working mom you'd think I finally got the hang of it. Well, for awhile I thought I did too. Having a kid who happily sends me off when I kiss her good-bye when I leave for work in the mornings and rarely asks me to stay home instead of going to the office definitely eases things out for me. I've seriously toyed with the idea of giving up my job and becoming a full time mom years back but having weighed the options available for us I've finally accepted that it is not the best option available for us for now and probably not in next couple of years more. 

So SAHM-hood is not the way to go for me. But today was just one of those days that make me wish I had flexible working hours so I could spend the entire day with this adorable girl. To cushion the sudden surge of sadness and somehow fight the urge to call in sick, I just snapped a photo to bring with me to work. If I could stare at it all day, I would. But of course, I couldn't. So I'll just 'preserve' that in here for now.

Thank you for letting Mommy take your photo today Maia. Even if you don't feel like posing for more photos already. I love you. I can't wait to get home already!

fake smile for mommy. hehe. pagod na daw kasi.
smelly and sweaty from the strenuous dance workout with playmate Isabel this morning
sayang putol ang I Love You sign. 

2 comments:

Maggie said...

Aw, I feel the same way. And I've just only been a Mum for a little over a year. And my Lucas is in the stage of being all clingy

Faye Paras said...

hi Maggie! thanks for dropping by :) big hugs! i dont think this it will ever go away -- that feeling of wanting to be there 24/7 for them. but i can tell you that it gets better though. ^_^ and at least they always make us look forward to coming home after a very tiring day at work :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...